Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Summer Adventures

Well, the endless summer vacations have ended. Erik started work a week ago and I start work this coming Thursday. Here's a bit of the taste of our summer. We went to the St. George and the Narrows to do a bit of hiking. We did Angel's landing and then went up about 5 miles on the Narrows. The scenery was nice, the weather was not too hot, plenty of water, and not too much forced swimming. There were plenty of places up to the waist, and only a few places we got in higher when we took a wrong step or two. 

We went to the Tuacahn theater down in St. George and saw Les Miserables. It was my first time seeing it! Loved it and we had the songs stuck in our heads all the next few weeks. Erik had seen it before, so in baseball terms he ranked it a triple A performance, not quite the big leagues, but not too shabby for Utah Broadway in the desert. Such a cool theater as they used the real background in the play. Excellent fireworks followed as well.
We took a quick trip up to Victor, Idaho one weekend. We hiked Table rock, fished Little Lowell, passed on the spud since nothing good was playing, went over to Jenny Lake in Jackson, hiked up to a little waterfall, and toured both ranches.
Now, I know posting pics from Balboa are a little past due, but here's one. I tried to find one where everyone is smiling, is looking at the camera, doesn't have their eyes closed, and this was the best I could do. I think we may need to cut and paste a number of pics if we really want to get the one perfect shot.
No, we didn't quite make it to Paris, but thank goodness for Vegas! We went to Paris and Venice all in a number of hours. We also road the stratosphere rollercoaster!
I don't know if I'll have as many posts as Rich this time, no series of 4 for me, but if you're lucky, maybe I'll take a picture of this cute, shiny ring I get to wear now!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey can somebody in SLC put those Balboa family beach pics on a public album? It would be much appreciated. Matt, I know you know what I'm talking about.

dcb said...

A little tech support never hurt to clean up some unnecessary underlining :-). Great post - nice to see you living the dream post-college graduation!

Linda Bennion said...

Congratulations, Erik and Mary. Great news! What an unforgettable summer! And Erik had to "run the gauntlet" - ie. try to find air in a room full of Bennions! Way to go Erik! Hope we can come to SLC to give our love in person. If not, we will send out most honorable emissary, David San!