So it has been a while since I have contributed to the blog....but I haven't had any material to post until recently. Well Rob, Tally, and I went on a little adventure up in the Unita's last weekend and had a blast. We got above the snow line where we are quite sure nobody has been since the fall. For good reason too, the overnight low was probably near 20 degrees as Rob who slept out on a hammock woke up with ice frozen around his face and on his sleeping bag. It was freezing but I was in my tent. Thanks to the lack of people so far this year we saw Moose, Elk, Deer, Coyotes, Squirrels, Fish, and a few birds. There was still a lot of snow even though our elevation wasn't all that high. All the rivers and mountain roads were flooded. The lake was also quite flooded as were all the surrounding meadows. Everything was just a marsh up there. It is pretty crazy this year. The lake also had snow along the beaches and I had the bright idea to go swimming in it. That was really cold and refreshing. See below for a few pictures.
Rob and I near the lake at our campsite.

A pretty reflection picture of the lake.

Immediately post swim....looks like the beach the week before didn't quite give me a summer tan yet. Maybe I should have taken off my blue Star Trek Suit a bit more in Newport...

Arrival to the lake standing in a marsh

Another shot of the marsh

Here is a pretty good shot of our friend Bullwinkle!

Just tossed into the end of the post are a few shots of me at Snowbird this year. On the day we went up it was definite white out conditions and NOBODY was there. We literally had deep pow and first tracks all day long. We also had 40 mph winds to endure and times when we couldn't see further than 5 feet in front of us....so it was all worth it!
Below, is the gate showing a particular run is closed but we had been over there snowboarding all morning before they put up the sign and shut down some of our fun.

Double chin? Look Ma, I think I'm gaining weight!

Here is the big mile marker of the year.... 200,000 miles! Happy birthday Acura!
No comments:
Post a Comment