Danny may be embarrassed that I'm posting this (does Danny ever get embarrassed?), but I thought I'd sneek these pics online for family to see. He did his first triathlon this weekend, and he did great. We drove out to Smith Mountain Lake State Park and set up our tent Friday night. Saturday morning Danny and some of his friends did the triathlon. . .
while the true athletes took care of all the kids (there were 12)I didn't have my camera for Danny's transitions, but I did manage to get a pretty good shot of him finishing

7 comments:
WARNING: You may want to adjust your monitor or put on sunglasses before viewing these pictures.
what distances for each segment did it entail? Which was the hardest? Easiest? And most important...Did you win? Or at least make yourself respectable?
Oh, we all know Danny asked you to post them and he picked out the ones that he felt best showed off his muscles! Too bad I'm still blinded by his color or lack of!
We love you, Danny! and great job!
It was a 750 meter swim, 20k bike, then a 5k run. The run was definitely the hardest since I was so wiped out at that point (I was expecting it to be the easiest). I was surprised that the swim went as well as it did, I was dreading that part, but ended up ranking decently on the swim portion. Overall, I ended up in the 48th percentile, leaving plenty of room for improvement (not respectable, but I can see respectable on the horizon).
And he did NOT ask me to do this post. I did it after he had gone to bed!
of course! I'm much too humble to make such a post.
I feel like donkey in Shrek, "she thinks I'm a steed!"
750 meter swim? come on! just kidding. I hope you remembered your technique!
Anyway congrats on finishing! next up, IRONMAN
Post a Comment