Monday, June 25, 2007

A working vacation!?!

This is one of dad's many trips with the wheelbarrow, hauling tons of dirt, gravel, sand, and pavers. You can see the matted grass from the prior day's work dragging garbage cans full of dirt to our "community compost pile." Thankfully none of the neighbors were whistleblowers ;-)

Up dad's homemade ramp with another load. You can see the pieces of our shed that we hadn't put together yet. Also, on the left is our garbage can that's missing a wheel from one load too heavy (or many) the day prior.

And the brick laying begins, after years of practice on the basketball court (pun totally intended ;-). Note the mason's line, I really thought I knew what I was doing. . . .

That was the last time those shorts looked so clean. Also, before a few holes which forced their retirement.


It's DONE!! The pavers are sanded in, the shed dad put together is full, the gate's back on the fence, fence is stained, and I even rinsed off the patio for the photo shoot (it's like brushing your kid's hair)

Another view from the back. . .

And tucked back there is our old grill with newly stained wood paneling so it actually looks decent, well, kinda. . . .

I didn't get lazy at the end. . . it's for drainage purposes. I promise.

Finally, a little step up to the house :-) (never mind the optical illusion, the water doesn't drain left, so what does that tell you about the builders)

No comments: