Sarah and I can attest that "Rodents of Unusual Size"
DO exist, and not only in the Fire Swamp. Last night, as we were eating dinner, we noticed this huge "thing" chewing into our garbage sack that we had placed outside the back door. It looked like a mix of a rat, beaver, & groundhog all in one. Except that it was HUGE. It was like a medium sized dog, only fat & with a much lower center of gravity. It had gnawed through the garbage bag and was chewing on some leftover ribs. It got scared away when we went to the window, but was back 5 min later. This time I banged on the door and it scampered off, and, I swear, it ran exactly like the R.O.U.S. from the fire swamp. It even had the same patchy looking back. To be sure, I ran upstairs, put on my shoes, and got ready for battle before I went outside to clean up. I only wish I had a sword like Wesley, but I went out fearlessly with my grass clippers and prepared for the worst. No R.O.U.S. this time, but I know he's out there, and I know he likes ribs.
I saw this quote today, & I find myself shooting for all three too often:
Wexelblat's Scheduling Algorithm:
Choose two:
3 comments:
I think I'd have to choose good and cheap. Just make sure you have something to do with the extra time.
Why didn't you grab your camera so we really would believe you? Was it possibly a possum? We had those in Texas and they were gross looking--like big oversized rats!
Mary, I'd worry about the time, except I always go with quick and cheap, and then worry about my $ ;-)
Julie, there was no time! If you recall in the fire swamp the ROUS had some speed, as it ran down little miss "as you wish". This was no possum, it had a very furry-ish back, and no possum tale, and it was much bigger than a possum. Don't call me on this one, it was an ROUS - beware ;-)
Post a Comment